Our current Forum, hosted on Google Groups, will soon be moving to a new service known as “Groups.io”. The main reasons are on the administrative side but the new groups.io platform does also have some nice additional features that we will be phasing in after everyone gets migrated over and settled in. The TVAUG board has been kicking its tires since November and we’re now almost ready to switch club members over, hopefully in early June.
Here’s what’s happening:
1) If you are a current member of our Google Group Forum – and we COULD find your name in our active membership database – there is nothing you have to do. Your name and email address will be added to the new forum system and you will be notified of its email address.
2) However, if you are a current user of our Google Group Forum- and we COULD NOT find your name or email address in our active membership database – you were sent a request to provide the following information in order to update our membership records:
- Are you a current TVAUG member?
- If so, what is your First and Last name?
- Your current email address.
Many have already replied – THANKS! Your contact info has been updated and you will also be added to the new forum. A follow-up will be sent out as a final effort to bring our membership data current.
3) On, or about, June 1st the new groups.io Forum will go live and our current Google Group Forum will no longer allow emails.
Remember…our TVAUG Support Forum is a private-access resource for our members to seek help from other TVAUG members. Active members can post a question, review previous Q&A postings, and filter for selected postings.