The TVAUG Board had its annual luncheon on April 22, 2022 and invited the 5 college scholarship applicants from Wildwood Middle High School along with their guidance counselors to join us. The Executive Board and its scholarship awards team led by Judy Reed were so impressed by the students that a decision was made to also award $1,000 scholarships to the 3 runners-up.
See below for brief descriptions of each student’s background and plans for college.
Click on the pic for full-size image.
- Lailah Rich ($1,500.00 award) plans on attending the University of Alabama and is the 2022 Senior Class President and student adviser for the School Advisory Council.
- Elroy Rozier ($1,500.00 award) plans on attending the College of Central Florida. He has accumulated over 100 volunteer hours. He is employed and has been accepted to multiple colleges and universities.
- Taylor Foster ($1,000.00 award) is ranked 4th in her class. She is involved with student government, volleyball manager, twice weightlifting state qualifier and is employed at Publix.
- Arianna Meyers ($1,000.00 award) loves volunteering for the school and being with her family. She has over 130 volunteer hours. She was the manager for volleyball and soccer, a student athlete for years, worked with student government and a member of the National Honor Society. She takes rigorous courses in the Cambridge AICE Program, an International Student Academic Instruction and Assessment Program. She is already accepted at Florida Gulf Coast University, first generation and the oldest of 6.
- Jessie Strickland ($1,000.00 award) has over 110 volunteer hours, including mission trips to Miami and Salt Lake City. He was a finalist in the International Science and Engineering fair, state medalist in track and field and represented the county in the state level academic quiz. He is working in construction.